A macro which converts a polymesh into a subdmesh. Setup to work with RenderMan subdivision surfaces.
Contains the following parameters.
- locations: mesh locations to convert
- interpolateBoundary: how to subdivide the UV boundaries.
- faceVaryingInterpolateBoundary: how to subdivide the UV interiors.
- faceVaryingPropagateCorners: an additional option when interpolateBoundary is set to “edge and corner crease” mode.
- deleteNormals: delete any surface normals. Normally recommended.
More information on Subdivision Surfaces can be found on Pixar’s documentation for OpenSubdiv. http://graphics.pixar.com/opensubdiv/docs/subdivision_surfaces.html#schemes-and-options
Download and unzip the included WillSubdConvert.macro into your $KATANA_RESOURCES location. See https://learn.foundry.com/katana/Content/ug/groups_macros_super_tools/macros.html for more details.
Tested using Katana 3.5v2